From 1-7 September, 2010 Youth Alliance organized an International Youth Exchange titled "Meeting of Cultures – Meeting of Values" in Krusevo, Macedonia with the support of the Youth in Action Programme. A total of 58 youngsters participated at the event from 7 different countries (Macedonia, Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Albania, and Bosnia and Herzegovina). The main theme of the Youth Exchange was promotion of common values through implementation of dialogue among young people with different culture backgrounds from SEE countries.
Major goal and project objectives
General project objective was to identify a common approach for achieving our goals, common values regardless of cultural diversities. Specific project objectives were:
- Developing intercultural learning of young people from SEE countries;
- Expressing unity and common visions for shared future of the people from all ethnic groups of SEE countries;
- Empowering young people from SEE to exchange themselves as active citizens, capable of reflecting the society essential characteristics
- Freedom, solidarity and prosperity – three core values in the development of EU integrative processes in SEE region;
- Developing solidarity and promoting tolerance among young active citizens of SEE region, we will increase the opportunities for mutual understanding and unification of views, which will contribute to development of quality systems to support youth;
- Lifelong learning and new skills for new jobs as a solution for youth unemployment;
- Importance of the opportunities offered by NGOs: motivation, promotion of needs and rights of young people, youth social and political integration.
Youth Alliance - Krusevo is the epicenter of progressive young people where in social challenges we see opportunities for change.
Youth Alliance - Krusevo is a unique mix of proactivity, inspiration and belief of young people who are transforming Macedonia, the Balkan region, Europe and the world.
Youth Alliance – Krusevo is non-governmental organization led by enthusiasts who are ultimate supporters of the young people. Organization where the young people are realizing and develop themselves.